The Liebster Blog Award...Again
Hello all! Ella over at Paper Umbrella nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award last week, and even though this is my fourth time being given this award, I decided to answer the questions anyway. I swore I wouldn't do it again on the last one, but it is a rainy Saturday and since I usually don't have a post on Saturdays, I figured why not answer them just for fun. Also, I've noticed that there have been more and more new readers around here lately and I figured it might nice for some of you to get to know me a bit better.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers).
- Create 10 (or so) questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let your nominees know that you nominated them!
Ella's questions for me...
1) Tell me the story of your blog name!
It is named after a song called, you guessed it, "Foreign Room" by the band Telekinesis. I have always connected with that song because it kind of describes how I feel about life and about how things are ever-changing. I actually just talked about this on Journal Day this week.
2) If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go?
I'd like to say that I would go to Italy or Slovenia, but right now I would go to Washington DC to see my aunt instead of waiting to go a week from now.
3) Coffee or tea? And why?
Coffee. I really want myself to like tea more, but right now I'm into coffee, especially when it is iced. I guess I just like the boldness of coffee. I do, however, love going to high tea and having a whole little pot to myself.
4) If you could go back five years and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don't be afraid to try new things and talk to new people. Be bold and outgoing. It will be good for you.
5) Where would you live if money/jobs/distance from family and friends didn't matter?
I would probably live in a few places throughout the year! Maybe have homes in London, Hawaii, and the French or Italian countryside. I wish!
6) If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A dress with leggings, boots, and a comfy sweater. Set. For. Life.
7) What's your favorite quote?
"She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails."
- Elizabeth Edwards
8) What's your spirit animal?
I really had never thought about this, but I decided to take this spirit animal quiz to help me figure it out haha. And apparently I am a wolf because I am "loyal, devoted, and passionate." So there's that.
9) Favorite kind of flower?
Can we call succulents flowers? Because I really love those. I also like pretty much all flowers that are a nice peachy color, like tulips and ranunculus (definitely just found that on google haha).
10) What's your favorite thing to blog about?
I love blogging about my adventures and places I visit, which I file away in the West Coast Love section of this blog. I have also been more into style posts recently, and it seems that my readers have really been enjoying them too! I may start dabbling in that more often as well.
Thanks for nominating me, Ella!
- Amber of The Whale & Wasp
- Danica of Love, Danica
- Cam of Sincerely, Cam
- Britt of ItBritt
Here are my questions for them:
1) Where do you get your blogging inspiration from?
2) What is one thing you can't live without?
3) Are you a night owl or an early riser?
4) What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
5) What is one thing that annoys you most?
6) If you could read someone's mind for one day, who would it be and why?
7) What has been your most memorable birthday so far?
8) How did you meet your best friend or significant other?
9) If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
10) What is (or was) your favorite grandparent like?
I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend full of fun and rest! Any big plans?